Education and Environment (Community aspirations 2019)
Our Overall Vision 2019
LCT will work with Largo Estate to secure a future in which Largo House and its grounds are cherished and celebrated as a place which enriches the lives of the people of Fife.
To create an inclusive, connected community of sharing and learning, in and around Largo House.
To develop proposals for the Largo House project around the themes of education and the environment which:
- Chime with local people
- Add value to the overall project and help to achieve the vision,
- Are costed and feasible
- Undertake desk research into pre existing models and ideas
- Gather ideas for activities and facilities, including from members of the local community
- Test a selection of concepts through focus groups or community consultation
- Identify those concepts which have best chance of success and greatest impact
- Engage in more detailed planning for these concepts (resource needs, timelines, sources for further information, expertise and so on)
Community Consultation Comments on Education & Environment
A selection of comments from interested individuals between September 2018 and January 2019.
- Kids/young adults could learn survival skills e.g. foraging, making structures for sleeping outside, fire skills etc.
- Excellent ideas for children and young people - outdoor nursery activities, rewilding etc.
- Proximity to schools means that the potential for the site to reach out to young people is huge.
- Important to appeal to teenagers/adolescents.
- Get kids in your committee. Do things that children actually like.